I had my first ablation last September with very good results except for the occasional "runs" which got fewer and fewer. I really thought my first ablation would be my one and only even though I've read that would be unusual especially since I had been in persistent afib for 3 months before the afib. Yesterday I started feeling weak and very tired in the afternoon and got to the point where I could not stand up. Just thought I was overdoing or coming down with a 24hour bug. A few hours later I was experiencing a bad afib attack,. My heart beat was so fast I could not begin to count it as well as the abnormal rhythm. After a few hours of this I took a beat blocker pip and went to sleep well should I say tried to sleep. The beta blocker kept me up all night and makes me nauseous as does any of the heart medications. Do I just call it a good run and sign up for my second ablation now??? My EP told me back in January that he would not be surprised if I needed a touch up and to let him know if things started to go downhill. I'm afraid if I wait and see this will turn into persistent again. Discouraged but not surprised......tired and scared at the thought of going through this again. Would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.