Currently taking 100mg Fecainide and 120mg Dilzem per day. But I am on holiday and will be running out of stock soon. My return will be delayed because of a family bereavement. I'm wondering about the need and supply of this medication.
Let me explain that i had an ablation in November and have been in NSR ever since (having suffered from 4-5 episodes of PAF per year before the intervention). I think I could get the medication I am taking without problems, but it would be at considerable cost.
However, the day after ablation the cardiologist suggested I continue with Flecainidie and Dilazem until the post-surgery consultation in February.
He did not reckon I was a patient with special risks, he said I would be fine going back to my cycling activities (which are quite demanding and have not had a negative impact whatsoever). He said "get on your racing bike but wait one week -- this is part of the experiment". (I am wondering if I am in a hidden control group for a clinical trial).
I would be grateful for your thoughts!