908 members339 posts

IV saline in UK for POTS/OI

Hi I am desperately trying to find a doctor in the UK - NHS or private, who will provide IV saline for severe drug resistant POTS or orthostatic intolerance. I understand and accept the risks or a picc or port but have a very poor quality of life and didn't tolerate fludrocortisone. Can anybody who has managed to get IV saline in the UK let me know the details of their doctor?

Many thanks

B x

1 Reply

Intravenous fluids are very occasionally suggested by a consultant but are not recommended for regular use as they can cause complications, which may be the reason you are struggling to find a doctor who will prescribe this. We do not have names but would suggest you or your GP enquire of an electrophysiologist (heart rhythm specialist) as these doctors are experts in this area.


You may also like...