When life gets too hectic or out of control, we may feel overwhelmed and unsure. The simple things in life are what matter most. When life becomes too stressful, sit down and take a breath. Take a time out....and while you’re doing that....read these general principles to help put your focus on the important things in life. Post it on your fridge or your bathroom mirror and read them every day. They can change your life!
1. Tell the truth. Honesty is really the best policy.
2. Perfect your ability to love. It’s the most powerful force in the world.
3. Pay attention to two year olds and puppies. They know what’s important.
4. Look at sunsets; smell the flowers, listen to the birds; touch the people you care about; taste life. Everything you need is there for you.
5. Take responsibility for meeting your own needs, but don’t do it in ways that keep others from meeting theirs.
6. Forgive yourself and others. We’re all doing the best can to find our way.
7. Live by your own values. Others may think they know what’s best for you, but you’re the only one who has to live with the consequences of your actions.
8. Listen to your body and take care of it. It’s the best teacher you have now.
9. Laugh often and long. It really does help.
10. Hang out with people you like and admire. We tend to imitate those around us whether we want to or not.
11. Follow your dreams. Life is exciting when you’re pursuing your own goals and you can do most anything you really want.
12. Learn from your failures and don’t be afraid to fail often.
13. Life isn’t fair but it isn’t unfair either. When things don’t seem to be working for you, do something. Movement is the key to change and life itself.
14. Be nice to prunes. You may be one someday.