Using Faba bean sprouts for Parkinson... - Parkinson's Movement

Parkinson's Movement
15,780 members14,652 posts

Using Faba bean sprouts for Parkinson's Disease

Hi everyone. I am attaching a link for a video I have made about how we grow, store, and use faba bean sprouts for Parkinson's Disease.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Really interesting. thanks for sharing. I will try this

2 likes

I would love to hear how it goes for you. 🙂

1 like

This is very helpful. Thank you for such clear instructions.

2 likes

Thanks for sharing. I will try this.

1 like

thank you for sharing this. How can I find out more about the benefits of different kinds of sprouts for PD?

Hello Redginger. I don't know how to get more information about other suits of sprouts for PD apart from googling the question. I was alerted to the benefits of Faba bean sprouts by this article.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl...

I would think most sprouts would be beneficial to health.

Jeanette, Thank you for the link. The article was very interesting. Sounds like they tested green peas and green beans but these did not give the L-dopa and C-dopa that Fava did; is that the way you understood it? Perhaps I should seek out some Fava beans. I have gotten them once years ago, but they aren't easily found here.

Jeanette, I've found "naturally blanched skinless" fava beans; they wouldn't work, would they?

No they wouldn't germinate. And yes our interpretation of the article is the same. I hope you can find some whole dried Faba (fava) beans where you live. I don't know if the place I ordered them from would send internationally. Where do you live?

I have contacted the place where I get my Faba beans, but they only post within Australia. I hope you can source some.

You may also like...