My first Reclast treatment

Had the reclast Nov 2 last Thursday and am getting used to the difference. I have no pain, its a strange sensation, I can tell where the pain is, but its like its behind a curtain and I do not feel the full force of the pain. I did have fatigue, and a little flu like symptoms but after 3 days I felt really good for the first time in years. I am hopeful that this will continue.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Excellent! It will take a couple of months to have its full effect.

• It will get better? I have energy again and the pain is so much better. Tell me what happens in two months?

• The benefits just keep on going for a few months as it takes a while to fully reach your bone cells :)

• the pharmacist who bought the bag of reclast in the room for me said that it begins to work immediately, and that in two days a blood test would show it was working, So interesting

• Yes, it will start to work immediately but does take a while to have its full effect. We can explain more fully if you contact our Helpline: helpline@paget.org.uk

• Have no idea what that is but sounds like good news, I am happy for you : )

• Reclast is an infusion of Zoledronic Acid - currently the most recommended treatment

• Oh okay, thanks, I have that but did not know that it was called that.

• Great news, hopefully, others will see your post and have faith in the treatment.

• Almost two weeks later and still feeling good from the reclast. I am so glad, just wished I had the opportunity to have it sooner

You may also like...