Question about complications

I'm new here. I has diagnosed back a few years ago with mycobacterium avium complex but I see a pulmonologist yearly and have stayed asymptomatic so he's elected not to treat me - just observe. In February of this year I was diagnosed with CLL - chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Again I am asymptomatic and am in the watch and wait phase. Last month at a blood draw my pc doctor told me that my cholesterol was too high and he wanted me to try taking 1/2 of a 10 mg pill of Lipitor. I had more blood work done to check the cholesterol on 8-29-16. Today the office called me and asked if I was exercising more (no) and if I was having any muscle pain. I told them that I was noticing that I was having a lot of 'Charlie horse' issues lately and that I get tired easier but I didn't know if that was from the CLL or just old age. Anyway, they wanted me to stop taking the Lipitor. Anybody have any ideas about any of this?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for writing and we are glad you're here! How did you find us? I will do some research for you until other patients have chimed in with their thoughts! Thanks!

• I think I found you through a google search - trying to learn more about CLL. There is so much to take in that it gets so confusing to us beginners.

• Glad to hear you found us that way! It is confusing at first but hopefully our videos are helping you!