I have been offered a gastroscopy and during that scope the specialist will decide on whether to dilate or give me botox. I have read a lot about the botox and i don't have much faith in that it will work for long. But the specialist says that he wants to try this first and since i am due to see the referring surgeon again on December 17th for a review i will try anything. My swallowing is getting worse and the hold-up where the pylorus sphincter is situated is getting worse so i will try dilatation/botox first then if the problem is still there in December when i see the surgeon i shall ask if there is a more permanent solution. I have a cousin with the same problem but because of the nature of his work has opted for regular botox every few months for now.
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.