Coughing when eating

Hi Everyone

I asked a question a few months ago about coughing when I eat. I was advised by some of you to speak to my clinicain, which I did, and he said he would arranged a barium swallow. It took the xray dept 3 months to give me an appointment, when I had the swallow they could see a small lump and evidence that food was backing up there, so causing the coughing. I then went to see my clinician who immediately booked me in for an endoscopy on Monday. He said chances are it is scar tissue, which I am sure it is and a dilitation will sort it out. But I do think 3 months is a long time to wait when time could be of the essense.

Anyway thank you guys, always good to know I can ask a question and get immediate good advice.

Edwina xx

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for letting us know, Edwina. Scar tissue does create problems, and hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

Alan

• Good luck on Monday Edwina. Here's to a good result and goodbye cough!

Julia

• Hi Edwina

Scar tissue can be a problem. A few years ago I had a bit of a problem swallowing, I had an endoscopy and it turned out to be scar tissue causing it. Anyway good luck on Monday.

Kind Regards

Steve

• Good luck later on today Edwina and hopefully everything will be better for you.

• hiya i had a similar condition to yourself I had a barium swallow and it was found to be a stricture ( narrowing of the site due to scar tissue ) the hospital put down a endoscope with an expandable end under local anesthetic. It worked a treat and I am fine now, but I was advised to contact my hospital if I was to get the same symtoms in the future

You may also like...