Hep C Positive
514 members412 posts

Still not clear of virus

Hi all, hope you're enjoying the sunny day. Just had a lengthy chat to liver nurse who called me. results in. Improvement from before starting treatment but virus still with me. I asked for the full 12 weeks of maviret which I had hoped for at the start due to my personal case & results. Unfortunately despite them wanting to give me another month their hands are tied by NHS England 😷 Extra hope now that 2 more weeks is enough to clear it. Appt for 23rd Jan. if not I will have to have a longer course in the future funds permitting. They agree that will cost NHS more but protocol is protocol. Still optimistic & hoping for the best 😍😍

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Babe I am sorry to hear that. It may be too early to tell so don't loose heart now after going through so much. That extra 2 weeks can make all the difference 👍. Thinking of you. Taania xx

2 likes

Hi and thanks for your support ☺ oh yes I haven't given up hope. The nurse seemed more concerned than me. bless her. thinking of you also 😍😍

Well thinking of you and will check you're ok in couple days 🌞 xx

1 like

Hi Maviret

I also went through the course of taking medication for my hep c I’m in the us so I took Harvoni for three months and had my recent labs done they still say not detected so I’m happy for that but my liver I have Cirrhosis they say some people will live along life they checked for tumors none detected so that’s a good thing. So I live each day to the fullest did you have a ultrasound on your liver? If not it will be a good thing to have done I hope it goes good for you doing the month long meds please let us know after your treatment. Prayers.

2 likes

Hi Diamond, sohappy to hear you are still clear and as cured as can be😊I am almost finished with a 2 month course of maviret. First used in the US in August 2017. Yes I have had ultrasound and fibroscan. I lead a healthy lifestyle so will continue a normal life as such when treatment has ended. I will continue to be monitored so I am grateful for that and this treatment. I will use my homeopathic remedies when finished with the chemicals and as you will make the most of every day 😂 love and peace 😍😘

2 likes

OMG I am so sorry to hear that I thought it would be gone after 8 weeks.You still have another 2 weeks left so try not to look on the down side you can still get rid in that time.💪

I cannot believe that NHS protocol is an absolute joke! Why would it not continue for an extra 4 weeks if needed it just makes no sense I know it costs more but still 😡Was you told anything about that before you started? Just interested because I have been told nothing about anything. I hope your ok sending you a big hug 🤗 xxx

1 like

Hi honey bee, like I said in post I haven't given up hope. nurse seemed more negative than me. yeah cost of 1 month now £13000 more for nhs but if massive IF 😂😂I needed future course would have to have it for at least 12 weeks if not 16, I'm not a genius but I can do the maths, so I feel they give me maviret 8 wks as it's the cheapest. I asked on 1st appt about having it for 12 wks but the computer says NO was the answer. may not get any future help due to cost. No surprise I didn't get earlier results. nurse was kind said they would love to give me another 4 wks but no can do 😔Don't worry you're ok coz you had good scan etc, 97% cure rate. most are clear at wk 4. No worries I have a plan b, and plan c 😂😂big hugs back 😍😍😘 & THANK YOU

1 like

Aww you are amazing babe I will be keeping everything crossed for you. I’m not worried I’m already convinced it’s gone🤣 Just made me angry for you reading this and the fact nothing has been mentioned.I had my 2 week blood test yesterday. Will find out the results in 2 weeks when I go back.lots of ❤️😘

1 like

Hi,sorry to hear your going through an anxious wait now I do hope🙏Everything is ok for you,I have got a good feeling that youlle be ok in a couple of weeks xxtake care and enjoy your 🍰 it looks nice with a nice cappuccino 😊

1 like

Hi, 🙅thank you it's ok, no point in stressing and that wouldn't be good for my liver. Que sera sera . yes I am wholeheartedly in the mindset that i will be clear. Always walking on the sunny side of the street. Watching goodfellas for the umpteen time! Hope you're doing ok and the winter weather isn't making you suffer too much. Best wishes 😍😍

Nice to see you're taking it all so positively. This attitude will certainly help you. Fingers crossed for you. I'm sure the next two weeks nail it - that's why you get eight and not six weeks ?

We're all sending the positive thoughts. 💐

1 like

Hang in there.

1 like

You may also like...