The power of antioxidants & High blood pressure?

This week The Daily Mail is publishing a number of articles on heath every day, below are two examples.

Very interesting reading. My life style change four years ago has some of what written here!

Protect yourself from a stroke... by eating pasta and other foods high in antioxidants

Every year, about 150,000 people in Britain fall victim to a stroke

Switching to a health plant-based diet can lessen the risk of a stroke

Studies show that eating more fibre may also help to ward off strokes

High blood pressure? Try a glass of orange juice: Citrus could reduce the risk of a stroke

Oranges help blood pressure decrease and overall blood flow increase

The key may lie with a citrus phytonutrient called hesperidin, which appears to increase blood flow throughout the body, including the brain

By Dr Michael Greger For The Daily Mail

Published: 00:56, 29 February 2016 | Updated: 08:50, 29 February 2016

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/articl...

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Excellent articles with good recommendations for a healthy daily diet, mainly plant

• In This week's Mail there are many more article, there is a book at the end on it, I am not buying the book but have taken the necessary information for a healthy life style to add to my existing plan. I am trying our new green leaf vegetables. My next blood test is in June, only time will tell on the blood test results numbers.

• I can not take statins for cholesterol. Can you recommend anything else? Thank you.

• All I can say is for healthy life, you need regular exercise, food and drink intake control. Watch out for free sugar and hidden sugar

You may also like...