Well I'm new to this site, so I thought I would create a quick blog, just to say hi to everyone on here. I was diagnosed with COPD almost two years ago now and since the initial diagnosis my condition has deteriorated to the point that I now need ambulatory oxygen.

I do manage to get around though and have just arranged some pulmonary rehab' so it will be interesting to see how that goes. I am sure there are lots of things I don't know that could help me so I will be reading through the information on this site.

But for now, Hello!

Bob

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello and welcome Titanic you sure in the right place for help and advice and a good natter if you want one..... :)

• Hello Bob welcome to the site why not try Breathe Easy if you have one locally.

There will be many more following me with lots of good advice.

polly

• HI welcome to the site, the following link may help you understand more.

bupa.co.uk/individuals/heal...

• Hello and welcome Bob, I've learnt more from this site than from any respiratory doctor or nurse, I am on ambulatory oxygen too. It would be interesting to hear how your PR goes, I've heard good reports and not so good.

Libby

• Hi Titanic - Bob, Just happened to be passing my computer (like you do ) and thought I'd have a quick look. Welcome to the site, I hope you find it as enjoyable and informative as I do. My diagnosis was only a couple of months ago. I was told I had lung disease and it was called COPD - I was then just sent out in to the big bad world with a printed NHS fact sheet in one hand and an inhaler in the other - to get on with it - except I didn't - I fell to pieces!! It was only by sheer luck I found this site and met some wonderful people, who supported me through the early days. Everything I know about the disease I have learned from here!

Why Titanic? Didn't that have a very unsavoury end?? What about something more positive like 'The Pride of Calais' or 'Lion of the Seas'??? (actually, I made the last one up - you'd never know would you?) Take care :-)

• Hello Bob May I also welcome you "aboard". This site is a lifeline -no pun intended- there is a wealth of information about this illness and great people you will be able to relate to and the help goes from one to another on a daily basis. It helps to keep the fear and isolation at bay and there's always someone you can help or be helped by

• Welcome. It's a good site to find.

Marie x

• Hello and welcome Bob.

• Hi and welcome Bob. I have just started PR and I am finding it very good. They educate you about the condition as well as encouraging you to exercise :)

• Good Evening Bob and welcome!

• Hi Bob and welcome. I was diagnosed with COPD about 2 years ago and its a right b......! There are lots of great folk on here.

Bev x

• Hello Titanic. If you ever get that sinking feeling I'm sure we can cheer you up ! :)

• Hi Bob and welcome, I have just started ambulatory oxygen and my oxygen levels are better. I have done Pulmonary rehab and am going to start a maintenance class for 6weeks beginning of nov. I stopped doing the exercises for a bit due to other stuff but have started again and feel better for it too. The COPD is all a bit scary but its great to have a forum like this.

• Hi Bob, and welcome. You have done the right thing by coming on this site and I know you will find it very helpful. The people on here are brilliant. xxx

• My experience was similar to terrie-rose. That was quite a few years ago. Believe me I have learnt a lot from this site. Other places I have tried for information too often advised phoning for mor info or answers to any questions I might have. Since I am deaf, obviously no use to me.

• hi bob & welcome i did PR about 4 years ago & learnt a lot aboout copd ie its ok to get out of breath but dont panic & i learnt how to manage my illness,,, hope you get on ok with PR

• Hi Bob, I have just caught up with your post. Welcome, and I wonder how you are getting along with your Pulmonary Rehab.?

I went through the programme this summer and it made a world of difference to me. The exercise was very good and even though I don't feel like it sometimes, exercise always makes me feel better afterwards and for a few days. Now I attend the gym once a week and a COPD exercise group once a week. Hope it is working for you?

Polly

You may also like...