Newly diagnosed just to introduce myself

Hi everyone just wanted to say hello to you all I have been reading the posts everyday since May and find this to be a great site with so many nice people and so much information to help many people who are all living with or caring for some one with a lung disease.

This is a first for me so hope I have done it right I am 54 and at the severe stage with copd a fev of 41% found this out after collapsing at the doctors thinking I had a chest infection and being rushed into hospital;I have just finished PR which helped me a lot I am now starting on the follow up course for a further eight weeks some days are worse than others has you all know.

I take one day at a time eat healthily take my meds and inhalers try to exercise and of course read all the blogs on here some are very funny which cheer me up even if I am down.

But I thought it was time to stop hiding and say hello and maybe I could help someone who needs help cant do that if I continue to hide

Happy breathing to you all

Von

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello Von,

Allow me to be one of the first to welcome you.Enjoy all the great blogs/posts we get on here x

• Hello back to you! and welcome.

Mrs S x

• Hi Von. I was diagnosed about the same time as you. I'm 57 and have moderate COPD. Interestingly my FEV1 was 41% before inhaler and 55% after on the reverse spirometry test. They told me its the second reading to use.Keeping active and eating healthily are really important I think. I'm on Spiriva and can't believe how much it helps me.

Lynne x

• Hi there Von

Hello and welcome. I like you spent several months just reading the blogs, coming out to play a few weeks ago. There are so many friends to make and support to be given and received on the site. Take care. Marilyn x

• Welcome to the site Von, it has helped me and some blogs are so positive - keeps me going with those exercises and positive attitude.

Libby x

• Hello and welcome Von. Like you I hid for a while, glad to know others are the same. :)

• Hi Von, it is a very good site with friendly people who are in the same position; a wide variety of advice based on real-life events. Also, if all else fails, it gives you someone to 'chat' to so that you don't feel isolated. Take care, Richard.

• Hi Von, Welcome, great you have done a PR course and are continuing on.

All good wishes Zoee

• Hello Von, welcome and I hope you enjoy the site.

Happiness to you.

Mike x

• Hi Von1

Welcome and keep asking the Questions and use the Blog's.

Keep safe and well.

David 1968

• Hi Von1 its great to meet you. If you have been reading the blogs etc. you will know what a great bunch of people are on here.

Nice you have come out of the closet! Bev :)

• Hi Von, welcome, like you I've been reading the blogs all day and everyday since early July when I found out I had copd, dont really know much about my levels etc, think the doctor saw the look of terror on my face and decided to leave me be for a little while (just had a prompt to make an appointment with the astma nurse), but this site has helped a lot, and giving me the idea that maybe copd can be lived with, hope all's well with you x medow

• Hi von like you I'm new to this been reading the bloggs for 3 years just decided like you to stop hiding and face up to the copd. It is very supportive keep battling kate

• Thank you all for such a warm welcome

happy breathing

von

• Hi there Von1 I am a recent member too and spent a few weeks reading blogs before coming out the closet! Breathe easy and welcome.

• Hi there Von, welcome. I could be reading about myself because the same thing happened to me. I was rushed into hospital straight from the doctors and did`nt find out until I was ready to be discharged that I had suffered from type 2 respiritary failure. It is a wonderful site, you will not feel alone because we can all relate to each other in one way or another. One of our bloggers says that COPD stands for `can only plan daily` which is correct, but as long as we continue to do that we are winning. Keep in touch

Linda

You may also like...