VENTOLIN

Is there anything cheaper?

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, Pam. Sorry, I don't know. Hope someone else will be able to answer your question soon.

• Salbutomol maybe.??

• Is salbutamol not another word for ventolin.

• I had to relook it up to find out.

"Ventolin accuhaler, evohaler, nebules, respirator solution, syrup and injection all contain the active ingredient salbutamol."

netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/a...

• Ivax salamol

• Ventolin is cheap in my experience when I had to buy one abroad €3 last year. For those that have to pay, that's cheaper than we pay for a prescription in the UK.

Do you have to pay for your medication? Where are you?

• $30 copay. Last year was $10. I'm in NE Oklahoma

• I wonder what the NHS have to pay for Ventolin?

• evidence.nhs.uk/formulary/b...

Evohaler ® (aerosol inhalation), salbutamol (as sulfate) 100 micrograms/metered inhalation, net price 200-dose unit = £1.50. Counselling, administration

• Does this mean that is what the NHS pay for it? Asda were going to stock them a few years back - they're a subsidiary of Walmart which sells them OTC very cheaply last time I looked - but that fell through. Surely the NHS should be looking for a discount - they must be one of the biggest customers.

• £21.84 per year per patient.

gmmmg.nhs.uk/docs/cost_comp...

• Ventolin is the brand name of the original salbutamol inhaler marketed under patent by Allen & Hanburys. It is no longer protected by patent and therefore is now relatively cheap, although there a number of generic copies like IVAX Salamol which are probably slightly cheaper.

• Sounds like you're subsidising something, Pam? Or your insurers/you are being ripped off.

• Asmol in Australia -same drug but a bit cheaper

You may also like...