What are your favourite Country and Western moments?

We have done all kinds of songs/music over the past few weeks now it is time for

................................COUNTRY and WESTERN

Your favourite singers, songs, memories etc please.

There is an ex Torquay United, Notts County footballer called Dick Edwards, a very great Country and Western singer/entertainer, He had one of the best voices I have ever heard in C&W.

He always started his gig with the words ''My name is Dick, hope you like it''

Carl Perkins, now there is a C &W singer not to be missed!..

KOTC

BREATHE EASY= FRIENDSHIP

Now it is time to go to your local Breathe Easy group.

Just go along to join or phone 03000 030 555for details Mon -Fri 9am 5pm

Or see the BLF website

Last edited by

53 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well, now, King - you have me completely foxed. I know the music is really good but dont know much, so wait to be educated. What about Buddy Holly, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. Glynn Campbell. Elvis etc

• i see Roy Orbison at the Royal Albert Hall one of my favourites

plus Elvis of course

• Roy Orbison. what a versatile singer mickeymouse123

• ha kotc,i kept joke clean ,bernice

• ha, roy orbison great and elvis the king,

• good 1 hear,rivers of bablyon and islands in the stream,bernice

• mikeymouse can you get rivers of bablyon and islands in the stream and whoever sang distance drums,bernice

• my pleasure

• mikeymouse thank you.bernice

• Grand Old Oprey

• Come on in all you HealthUnlockder C&W fans, educate us all in the art of good music.

• i loved don't it make my brown eyes blue crystal gayle so beautiful song and lady

• Lovely lady with a fabulous voice

• red sovine teddy bear

conway twitty hello darlin

jim reeves , patsy cline marty robbins

• A combination of some of the greats

• I like GLEN CAMBEL Johnny cash steve earle ,but I have to be in the right mood to listen reddy

• When you are in the move and listening it transports you to a different world

• Patsy cline singing Crazy. my husband loves country western and I grew to like patsy cline through him. I do like Jim Reeves too.

• Crazy-was that named after you Mocarey.Hee HEE

• Definitely King and my husband would totally agree with that statement! Lol. M

• I like all C&W music

• ha meike,which is your favourite,bernice

• Willie Nelson Johnny cash you name them I like them

• ha meike,same all ,bernice

• There is no bad C&W that I can think of meike

• I agree

• Sorry Your Majesty. I would not know any Country and Western stars if I fell over them. :O

• Well you ought to have a 'trip' and see what you are missing Toci

• Dont forget the daddy of them all Hank Williams also Hank Snow,Tammy Wynette,Jim Reeves - those were the days ! !

• I hear the sounds of !! grandadbrian

• Dolly Parton?? singing 'Jolene'?? SORRY the links dont seem to work except one ...you can copy and paste link into browser .... all good stuff beth xx

or the best Country film ever .... quick clip

and

From Film 'Oh Brother Where Art thou' has some very deep things so say about USA in the 20s 30s, some great music .. very funny and George Clooney ... who can ask for more!!

... or

Johnny Cash

and also the big man in black did ..so so much sadder ... but so thoughtful ..... the last video I believe before he died ....but something I think Country does ....sorrow and regret

Beth xx

• sorrow and regret ! Try Hank Williams as Luke The Drifter. A real tear jerker and so true in many ways.

• Come on HealthUnlockders take a look at these.Well done Beth

• ha postscript,ye sorrow and regret,but all good singers and j cash brilliant,bernice

• A not so well known singer I enjoyed listening to was Sidney Devine . Saw him at Southport some years ago.

• Bob Luman - Let's Think About Living

• Let's think about loving, let's think about !!!

• Lena Martell - One Day At A Time

• 'One day at a time'. that applies to most of us

• ha good bernice

• mikeymouse you got anymore,1day at a time sweet jesus brill,bernice

• Memories are flooding back bernice

• Lynn Anderson -- Rose Garden

• coat of many colors dolly parton

• The Blanket on The Ground woman !! Who was it ?

• grandadbrian,billie joe spears,bernice

• Thats it Bernice. Next question: Dont step on Mothers Roses - who sang it ?

• grandadbrian,think the big man j cash not sure,bernice

• ha snitch,ye your write on the daft song tammy,mines walking the tram lines,keep walking,bernicex

• Well, I am being educated. Never bought any C n W but always likd Roy Orbison. :-) :-) Alison

• Dolly Parton, Tommy Steel, Bill Haley Roy Orbison tammy wynette good old jonnie cash

jan

• We like the grass roots Scrummpy and Western. The local guys and gals with no real desire to seek stardome, just perform because they love to entertain. Two of our favourites from our time in the RAF in Germany was Hamish Imlach, now sadly left us and Harvey Andrews from the West Midlands. He still performs around the Midlands although we haven't been to see him for a while. During the problems in Northern Ireland he wrote a song "The Soldier" and even now that thankfully the problems are being solved, the record means a lot to us. It was on You Tube but I don't think it is appropriate to post a link.

• Les Noden in Torbay, still going strong

You may also like...