Cornish: Wow,this thread just goes on... - British Heart Fou...

British Heart Foundation
12,149 members7,537 posts

Cornish

Wow,this thread just goes on and on.Nobody seems ill any more!!!

52 Replies
oldestnewest

You've cured everyone, the NHS needs to put you on prescription!

2 likes

Thank you but it can`t last.xx

After the thread yesterday I’ve been looking at holiday cottages in Cornwall, as I’m in need of a proper Cornish pastie and a cream tea.

1 like

Geddon bey.(that means"good for you boy"in the vernacular!!

1 like

Every days a school day 😂

1 like

sounds a plan but the thought of that drive ruins it

Oh god yea, yr nearer to the North Pole than Cornwall 🎅🏻

3 likes

i asked for that one. didn’t i. 🤣

1 like

Yep 🤣

and it had to be you. i think we should all descend on torquay. a little heart convention. put faces to all those fanciful names🤣

2 likes

That’s a fab idea Shiona. Torquay is beautiful aswell... We could get a mass photo for the BHF of all of us eating fish & chips 😂

2 likes

Don't forget the mushy peas!

I love a proper Cornish Pastry and artery lining Cream tea.....

4 likes

😂🤣.... I can see the face of the editor of Heart matters magazine now when we send a picture of us scoffing chips, fish and mushy peas... washed down wiv artery lining cream teas 😠

5 likes

Well you have to live dangerously every now and then🤣😂

Once a year is okay isn't it😉

The adrenaline rush of a Roller coaster would land me up in A&E

2 likes

excommunicated 🤣

1 like

When it comes to cream teas is it jam first or cream first.If you get it wrong you`ll be blacklisted from Cornwall forever!

1 like

I always try to do in Rome as the Romans do.

So in Devon cream then jam

Cornwall jam then cream???

Wow,a connoisseur. xx

1 like

I reckon I could get away wiv telling me cardiologist I had clotted cream coz some Cornish person told me it thins yr blood like an aspirin.

3 likes

Absolutely proberly more authoritative source than Dr Google's Consultation room.

4 likes

Youre such a dreamer Gunsnoke,get real xx

2 likes

iv got to put jam first as i can’t spread it as cream so thick🤣

2 likes

😂

now we’re talking my language milkfairy

I`ll come,not too far from me,just got to get a visa to cross the Tamar.

1 like

If there's cream tea on offer, I'm in 🍵 🐮 (couldn't find cream, so went to the source!) ☺

2 likes

🤣🤣

i’ll probably need 10 visas

Why? we`re not racist down here.

no no no racism. just referring about all the counties i need to pass through to get there from scotland. sorry didn’t mean any offence❤️

2 likes

Just my sense of humour Shoshov xx

oh that’s ok. thought i’d put my foot in it. got to have a sense of humour ❤️

Yes.It amazes me.We`ve all got serious health problems otherwise we wouldn`t be on this site,yet I`ve had such a laugh since joining.It`s such a relief to know there are people out there just as daft as me! x

1 like

Oh god yea...Shoskov and Lezzers are for sure 😂

2 likes

Oh,and you`re not? Defending the Alamo indeed!!!

3 likes

rumbled

3 likes

i guess your talking bout me matey

1 like

I refuse to comment 😁

1 like

Gunsmoke aka Banter Meister

Pots and kettles come to mind.

1 like

The Cornish Pastie was pre-dated by the Bedfordshire Clanger. This is usually savory and known as a alf 'n' alf when both savoury and sweet (usually apple or jam) at different ends. The NT used to sell them but now do sausage rolls - I now belong to English Heritage! 😎

1 like

I`m not sure but there is some debate in Cornwall but this sweet and savoury pasty was an urban myth.Can you corroborate.Pleasexx

1 like

The NT used to sell them in Bedfordshire. Some say they actually originated as the Hertfordshire Clanger! For the twin it is usually pork and apple.

you are a mine of information Michael.x

1 like

There is a small Hertfordshire village that claims it made the first one but I am dubious. In areas of East Hertfordshire (e.g. Collier's End) there was open cast mining and lime Cornish tin mines it makes sense in eat the clanger/pasty and chuck the edge held in dirty hands.

That makes sense.

1 like

When I was in the Mob we used to reckon anyone from Cornwall was a Spaniard !!! Our MQ used to have a direct view of the Tamar and Albert Bridges.. If we hadn't of moved to Dorset we would of probably ended up in Saltash.

3 likes

Prada,sorry to disappoint but I`m a tall blue eyed blonde so must have been the Vikings!!!

3 likes

What if UK leaves EU but Cornwall remains? 😟

Where the hell did that come from Michael.We`ve all studiously avoided that wordI`ll still live in my little bubble hopefully til the end of my days.You know I`m an idiot optimist.

1 like

Yes, any mention of the word that shall not be named beginning in B requires an instant donation to the BHF😂

2 likes

pahhh

There is a Cornish Independence Party, but it hasn’t had much success. Most Cornish people hadn’t noticed that they WERE ruled from Westminster!

4 likes