Before & After Stent pic: A number of... - British Heart Fou...

British Heart Foundation
12,230 members7,611 posts

Before & After Stent pic

A number of people posting about having a stent fitted recently so I thought I’d share my before and after pictures showing what a difference it can make. This blockage was in my LAD artery.

It’s so amazing what they can do to help you. I went to the theatre with severe chest pain and I was allowed home in 4 hours - feeling great.

17 Replies
oldestnewest

That’s amazing! Thanks for posting :)

1 like

Brilliant photos, thanks for sharing

1 like

That's amazing what great pictures of positivity glad your feeling better. Jax

1 like

Wow! Glad the doctor could stent you so quickly. (I waited 8 days in hospital for my angiogram after severe chest pain.....including 8hours 10 minutes on a chair in the corridor one day (no empty beds) and 4 hours 20 minutes the next day (ward closed due to lack of staff). Clare

Ouch that’s not good Clare - hope you got sorted eventually

Yes thanks.....on lots of medications

Wow, that's amazing and so interesting to see! Thanks for sharing :)

1 like

Fantastic. I was very annoyed that there didn't seem to be a monitor for me to watch what was going on! While being delighted that I was getting the care and treatment I needed! Shall we say that if you are going to have a heart attack, having it in Central Scotland is a good place.

I was taken to the Jubilee Hospital in Glasgow - straight into the theatre for an angiogram and stent insertion. The procedure is amazing, and for anyone concerned about it as an exploratory technique, don't be. I had a dental checkup yesterday and it was more troublesome.

As a life-saving technique, I recommend it.

4 likes

Agree Mike - I’ve experienced worse days at the dentist too.

1 like

I once had to have root canal work without anaesthetic. An angiogram was a walk in the park by comparison!

My LAD looks as bad as the first picture but I am awaiting a quadruple bypass.

I can imagine!

Counting my lucky stars that the stent worked for me - all the best with your Op Michael

Without wanting to sound gross.... i really wish i could have got pictures of mine.

1 like

Fantastic news, enjoy your new lease of life

1 like

I was showed my images while still on the table in the cath lab. From nothing visible due to a total blockage to filling nicely with every beat of the heart. Your right the pci and results are amazing.

1 like

That's amazing, I'm glad you feel so well.

I have 2 more weeks to go before going into hospital to have 4 stents fitted and I'm pretty terrified as I have read all sorts as to complications that seem to occur thereafter . .

Friends tell me that others who do not experience any post stent issues, worthy of comment, simply don't post in the forum. So thank you for doing so, I now feel more confident and inspired.

So thanks again.

Hi Wardija

Best of luck when you go in for your stents

I was terrified too - but I must say I’ve had worse days at the dentist!

It is a remarkable process and has an instant result

I agree with your friends - you only hear about the very small percent that go wrong - not the overwhelming majority that go right.

Don’t forget there is also so much you can do afterwards to feel better - diet and exercise etc. And don’t forget to ask about the rehab classes!

All the best

Daren

1 like

Thanks so much for your support. I'll do all I can to look after myself for sure, never wan't to be in this situation again if I can help it,

1 like

You may also like...