O2 sats query

Hi everyone πŸ‘‹

Quick question about sats.

When I'm well I know I'm usually a steady 98% and I know in a&e they get concerned if sats <92%. Currently I'm in hospital with sats of roughly 90/91% during the day (drop slightly at night to 88/89). Was slightly better yesterday at 93/94ish but been around 89-92 since admitted Sunday.

Symptom wise I'm very tired, slightly tight and SoB, a little cough-y and wheeze when I walk/move around and PF around 50% (depending on when I've had my last neb). I'm very shaky, emotional and my moods dropped again too (tho that could be the meds/situation).

I have no other underlying conditions that I'm aware of other than severe asthma and on my last 2 admissions was at a steady 94/96% (last week) and 97/98% (2/3 weeks ago).

The nurses don't seem too worried but just wondering if I should be concerned or asking for anything.

Thanks Emma

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Sorry you are having a rough time of it hope you are out of hospital soon and sats are better today.

• Thank you. Got a plan now so 🀞

• Hope things improve for you today. Sorry that you are having such a hard time. πŸ’ xxx

• Thank you xxx

• So I'm on aminophylline iv over the weekend. AN has said if o2 under 92 ask for o2 to give lungs a rest and boost to speed recovery!

• Hope it works and helps. X

• Thank you 😊

You may also like...