Welcome to the AFMCG community!
This community is always working towards being a supportive, non judgemental environment where you can share your experiences of living with Fibromyalgia.
HealthUnlocked (HU) state that:
Your participation on HealthUnlocked should be with respect, honesty, and in the spirit of supporting and learning from your fellow users.
HealthUnlocked is not a forum to create negative impressions about identifiable individuals. Negative and damaging references to identifiable individuals may be edited or deleted either by HealthUnlocked or by a community administrator. We hope that users will respect the right of other members to present their individual health experiences, regardless of whether or not they are in agreement, and that all disagreements will be expressed considerately.
However, they can occur and for your information we advise the following:
Abuse within comments or posts
1. Please DO NOT respond. Ignoring any comments/posts is always the best thing to do and to report them using the Report Button as per the demonstration via link below;
You have the power to switch off your device by pressing a button! You can grab a cuppa, come back to it later when all issues will have most likely been dealt with by Community Admin. Please note any engagement may be considered as offensive/abusive especially if you reply in the same manner to a member - even it was not you that originally sent the abuse, so this is something that should be considered.
2. Use your report button as per link 1. This is the best way for us to be highlighted to any issue on the board as we get a 'Report of Abuse' email with all details. Do help report any issues you come across as you are using the community, we really appreciate it!
3. Know we will address the Report of Abuse accordingly and Community Admin & HU are the only people who know the person's forum name who is reporting the abuse. The member who has been reported is not aware at any point who reported them. Community Admin will message ALL members involved and will usually turn of replies to the post concerned as they deal with the situation. Information about possible reasons for 'Switching off replies' can be found via link below;
Abuse via the private message facility
1. Again, DO NOT respond. Ignoring any abuse is always he best thing to do and to report clicking the 3 dots top right of the comment that has been sent to you. Please see demonstration in the link below;
As above, you have the power to switch off your device by pressing a button! You can grab a cuppa, come back to it later when all issues will have most likely been dealt with by Community Admin. Please note any engagement may be considered as offensive/abusive especially if you reply in the same manner to a member - even it was not you that originally sent the abuse, so this is something that should be considered.
2. It is important you DO NOT delete the message/s. We understand you may be distressed, deeply upset or even angry but please do not respond and/or delete any messages received.
3. Report the abusive messages as per 1. and HU will deal with the situation appropriately or you can report it directly to HealthUnlocked by using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about circumstances you may wish to report, please see this link
4. Know that the Report of Abuse will be dealt with accordingly. In these circumstances HU have the ability to access & read any of the reported messages to take further action to restrict or ban any of the members involved. Please note this is ONLY done in circumstances such as reports of abuse etc other than these rare situations your private messages between members are just that private.
HU have the following link in their 'Help' section which also may be of interest;
HU also provide the following links about 'Cyberbullying & Trolling'
For more information about the AFMCG Community Guidelines, please visit this link;
Hope this helps you to understand the best ways to deal with this distressing situation should it occur. If you need any further assistance, please using the private message facility to contact an Admin within the AFMCG community. Please see links below on how to do this below;
How to find the Admin for this community
How to use the Private Message Facility
Posted: 18th January 2018