Hi everyone! I know this is a common dilemma facing AF patients like us. And now that I am facing it myself I really need to hear from you guys to help me decide as I am due for one (cryoablation) in March and I need to decide and book the slot pretty soon.
Just to recap, I have Paroxysmal AF detected in 2016. Was hospitalised overnight to revert to NSR using IV. On medication and was OK. Was off Dronedarone after one year and nothing happened until about September 2018 when I had my second AF. Hospitalised again for a day for observation and converted using IV. Was since put on Flecinade but did not suit me so switched to Sotalol until today. Am on 1 and a half Sotalol twice a day and half of Exforge daily. I am generally OK with occasional ectopics and flutter. Since I have been off dairy my AF is far and between, latest one being last week which reverted less than 24 hours. I also had SVT episode once only in 2009. Generally I am well. I am 51 years old. EP said I have a good chance of success, whatever that means. My concern is quite naturally when I am not in AF I think I don’t need it. But when I get it I want to do it pronto 😁. I have discussed with EP on pros and cons and risks. But am still undecided. There is always a what if at the back of my mind. Also I am under the impression that it is not as rosy as what it seems. Recovery will take months etc. Risk of making it worse than what it already is etc. Appreciate your thoughts and advise. BTW I haven’t met anyone personally who have had a success story on it. So that adds to my doubt I guess. Thanks for reading my rant. 😃 cheers !