Award for Bob D: Patient Day - just got home... - AF Association

AF Association
17,808 members β€’ 21,510 posts

Award for Bob D

CDreamer
CDreamer
β€’108 Replies

Patient Day - just got home - what a great Day - slick organisation, excellent speakers - so much encouraging new technology & research -

AND OUR BOB D WON VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR! So well deserved, congratulations and πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ please from this wonderful forum.

108 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Padayn01

Fully deserved

2 likes
Padayn01

Thought Bobd wasn’t going to make it I remember him saying to jean he couldn’t make fantastic news on his award πŸ‘πŸΌ

CDreamer
CDreamer
in reply to Padayn01

An offer he couldn’t refuse......

4 likes
booboo73

I'm so happy for you Bob and so deserved. You have helped me so much over the years and saved me from going crazy many, many times. Lots of love to you xoxo

2 likes
Sunny-fl

Congratulations Bob! I'm so happy for you and thank you for all that you do.

Finvola

Congratulations Bob - a well-deserved acknowledgement of the support and guidance which you give so freely. Nice photo too. πŸ’•

2 likes
Kaz747

Well done Bob!

Tyson4ever

Well deserved.

Always there with good advice and support whilst retaining a sense of humour.

SpritzerAce

Congrats Bob D! πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰

sleeksheep

Much deserved by our resident guru

Pacific

Absolutely deserved, and delighted for Bob. congratulations!

Japaholic

Good to see, but a smile on my face

angell1950

Well done Bob and well deserved- your knowledge has help many over the years.

Congratulations!

Rienij70

Congratulations Bob, well deserved. πŸ’•πŸ’•

djbgatekeeper

Great news πŸ‘

Angie06

Congratulations Bob, your great advice and comments have been most helpful on this site, well done! πŸ˜€

Bertiedette

Congratulations you Bob...May I say how happy and well you look.xx

Deb1838

Well done bob, very deserving. Thank you for all the support you give on here

Bagrat

Many congratulations. Bob - always down to earth eminently sensible advice. You do stirling work and deserve an award. Thank you

Paulbounce

Well done and well deserved ;-)

Enjoy

Congratulations on your award Bob. Well deserved. Feel the applause coming down the line from each and every one of us.

1 like
Frances123

So very well deserved and so very happy for you Bob. Glad you made it to the day in the end. Thank you for all you do for so many, for your help, grounding, compassion and understanding. Some of your jokes might need some work doing on themπŸ€ͺ🀣but they always make me smile so don’t stop.

Lots of love to you Bob

Frances xxx

1 like
Hms1946

Many congratulations Bob-yours is always the one post I make sure I read-full of great advice!

1 like
Afbiff

Well Bob, you look exactly how I'd pictured you, and thanks for my warm welcome to the forum - your succinct constructive comments laced with humour are always worth reading.

1 like
George22

Congratulations and many thanks for all your helpful and calming advice. You’re a wonderful asset to us all. Thankyou .

Visitingcat

So pleased to hear this and lovely to see a photo and put a face to the very kind posts that are so calming and helpful, best wishes Bob : )

jeanjeannie50

Congratulations Bob!!!!

Icenae

Oh. Well deserved. Many congrats πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ‘πŸ»

DianeEM

Congratulations Bob, well deserved.

Ianc2

Good news!

mavisrich

well deserved xx

graemeparsons

Congratulations Bob well deserved.

frenchgoose

Many congratulations Bob and for being here for everyone, and me, since the beginning of our journeys all those years ago before this forum started!

pattiannj

Fantastic news

sirey

Many congratulations. Reading your comments helped so much during the worst times, Thank you.

Redders

So pleased for you Bob. Congratulations xx

Cally53

Congratulations Bob, a well deserved accolade. Your posts and comments are always thankfully received.

cycleman73

Well done Bob.....inspirational !

wilsond

Well deserved indeed! Thank you Bob,you are much appreciated. Xxx

Newgran

Well done. Well deserved.

gemsmum

Congratulations, well deserved!!

karim123

You deserve it hob. All the best . Karim

Jay10

Congratulations to Bob, well deserved.

mrsg46

Well done Bob, a very much deserved award. Many thanks for all the good advice you've given over the years.

100h

Congratulations Bob! So very well deserved.

10gingercats

Good news and so well deserved.Congratulation BobD.

Eatsalottie

Absolutely fully deserved :)

FlapJack

Congratulations to Bob, well deserved.......continued to provide help and support to others despite coping with his own health difficulties .......

1 like
sfh3l

Very well deserved. Great day too. Thanks

shorttail

Excellent Bob, well done.

heartmatters1

Well deserved Bob. Well done. Keep up the good work. πŸ‘ Nice to put a face to the name too 😊

Eirecara

πŸŽ‰CongratulationsπŸŽ‰ ☘️

Annaelizabeth

If your help and kindness towards others is beyond words. Thank you.

Di8504

Well done Bob and thanks for letting those of us overseas put a face to him!

blackcat123

Huge Congratulations! So very well deserved!

cbsrbpm

Well done Bob and well deserved. Thanks for all your help over many years. Very handsome pic too 🀣

irene75359

Couldn't have gone to a more deserving person - I would have loved to see Bob getting such an honour. Well done.

Fibfab

Huge congratulations and so nice to put a name to the face

Great event too! πŸ’š

lallym

Congratulations. Thank you for your invaluable input over the years.

JanetMayne

Many many congratulations to a true hero! Thanks for all your tireless a d valuable input.

On another note...how does one get notifications about Patient Day? I would like to go!

And where is the photo please? πŸ˜‰

CDreamer
CDreamer
in reply to JanetMayne

Sign up for the AFA newsletter or watch the website. I took the photo (with Bob’s permission to post) so only available here on post on the forum so I hope it shows up on your device, if not it will be limitations of your device. I know several photos were taken by AFA staff - Rachel also I am sure they will be posting in the newsletter and on the AFA website. Best wishes CD

JanetMayne
JanetMayne
in reply to CDreamer

Thank you CD. It was my rubbish WiFi signal, I can see the picture now! And thank you for your very useful posts too, including the recommendation about the Doctor's kitchen recipe book. Best, Janet

Barb1

Well deserved

Aprilbday

Incredible, well-deserved. Truly wish I could have given you that award for the advice and reasoning during our panic postings on here! Thank you, Bob.

1 like
dedeottie

So well done Bob. You totally deserve this award. X

Mandy232426

Congratulations Bob and very well deserved. I cannot thank you enough for all the positive support you offer and have truly helped me on my AF journey.

pottypete1

Next year the Oscars.

Over and above devotion to our forum.

Only BobD would put himself forward for another ablation to enable him to report on the latest techniques first hand πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

πŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Pete

1 like
Flossie72

Well done Bob. So many congratulations and thanks for all you do for us.

Hylda

Many congratulations Bob! Hope you didn’t over-do it!😁xx

TamlaMotown

Congratulations you so deserve the honour πŸ‘Œ

Fastbeat

Well done Bob

Rebma

Congrats Bob. You have encouraged and helped all of us. Please keep doing what you do.

PhyllisK

Bob you really are a lifesaver! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

philologus

Ditto all the above but I have a question....How do you get such a neat knot in your tie?

:-)

lynneangela

Congratulations to youπŸ‘πŸ»

Polly159

Brilliant- well done and well deserved.

nikonBlue

Wow! Well deserved and congratulations. Stay well,

Blue :-) x

john6

Always nice to be acknowledged and appreciated - well done you.

Beehive1

Well deserved.

Rosemaryb1349

Excellent! πŸ‘πŸ‘ well deserved. X

djmnet

What a handsome dude! Congratulations, BobD. Well deserved recognition. We all love you so.

Jennyquilt0

Congratulations well deserved

Turquoise19

Yes just to chime in myself. So nice to see your picture Bob. Very much appreciate u being there too

Jupiter33

Congrats Bob, well deserved.

emsling

Congratulations Bob. Thanks for all the help.

Khatpi

Wow Bob D. You are most revered. All the congratulatory posts say it all ! So here’s one more . CONGRATULATIONS !!!! So appreciate what you do for others. Thank You. Sarah from San Diego

12cupcakes

Congratulations. You have been a great knowledgeable support for me and many others

Earledavis

I was there also and like you was please to have made the journey to Birmingham. This is the 4th one I have attended. The calibre of the speakers is always excellent and I feel it a privledge that I can ask questions and get straight forward relevant answers. I was so pleased to see Bob at the conference and delighted that he received the award. You so deserve it Bob. I look forward to next years event,

Susangibbons

Well done Bob πŸ‘.

What was patient day? For this site or a hospital or ? . For which organisation? This one, sounds interesting.

RachelAdmin
RachelAdminAdministrator
in reply to Susangibbons

Hello Susan. The day is organised by AF Association. Next year's event will be on Sunday 27 September at The ICC in Birmingham. Please email info@afa.org.uk to be kept informed of when the registration opens.

Kind regards

Rachel - AF Association Patient Services Coordinator.

2 likes
Susangibbons

Thank you, I have booked the hotel already! Am looking forward to this event. 😊

1 like
cat55

Congratulations Bob, and well deserved, you are always there to give such good advice, and keep me calm! Best wishes, Kath.

charlwood35

Well done Bob, thoroughly deserved.....

Pam296

Congratulations Bob. So well deserved.

doodle68

Congratulations to 'our Bob' on his award which is well deserved for all the time he devotes to the site and its members .

AF59

Congrats to Bob D. Really well deserved.

ETFCfan

Many congratulations on your well deserved award Bob.

cassie46

Well done, keep up the good work.

Lynnsj63

Fantastic, well done Bob, thanks for all the help and advice you give, what a gent and so knowledgeable. πŸ‘πŸ‘. πŸ‘πŸ»β€οΈ

RachelAdmin
RachelAdminAdministrator

Thank you CDreamer for sharing this. And I'm so delighted to see so many congratulatory comments on here! BobD , you are a true gent, and it shows here in the appreciation shown.

CDreamer, with your permission, I'd like to use this image in our social media and publications? Also, I have taken some of these wonderful comments of appreciation. If anyone would prefer for me not to use them, please could you let me know by emailing me r.harris@heartrhythmalliance.org and please include your forum name.

Thank you once again.

Kindest regards

Rachel - AF Association Patient Services

1 like
BobD
BobDVolunteer
in reply to RachelAdmin

don't embawass me.

1 like
CDreamer
CDreamer
in reply to BobD

Feel the love Bob. Pride rather than embarrassment would be a more appropriate emotion. Xx

1 like
CDreamer

No problem Rachel - you are welcome!

1 like
Mikee69

congratulations BobD , well deserved. Thank you so much for all your work around here

NooNoo14

Very well deserved - congratulations Bob.

Netty

C66t

Congratulations Bobd well dererved.😊

Aqua_1

Congratulations Bob!

Breezera

Congratulations Bob D! - so well deserved.

THANK YOU for all your contributions and generous help to MANY.

Cheers Richard

You may also like...