The doctor gave me a call today (finally) to discuss my 48-hour monitor results. Essentially it showed nothing abnormal, according to him. There are some readings which alarm me slightly though. I'll list the key findings below to simplify:
- HR readings ranged from 45-140.
- No AF or any other arrhythmia recorded.
- Lowest reading was 39BPM, which was monitored overnight whilst I slept.
- Highest reading was 140 after exertion.
- Ectopics were recorded but he told me that the number was 'very minimal'.
The recording that alarms me the most is the 39BPM recording which was taken overnight. Although I'm aware that the heart does slow significantly when you are sleeping, I don't know how significant this low a reading is. I have just assumed to trust the doctor wholeheartedly in what he tells me to be honest. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
On a more positive note, he has ordered a month-long monitor for me, just for my peace of mind and to be sure that no arrhythmia go undetected, as well as a stress test.
All in all, good news, but still no definitive answer to my case.