I have been in persistent af from April this year. I was offered an Ablation in May of this year but because I am pretty much symptom free it was decided not to go ahead with the Ablation. I have a heart rate of 60 to 70 except on excercise when my HR will rise significantly it really doesn't cause me any difficulties. I am on Apixiban and 2.5 Bisoprolol daily. I have now been offered a cardio version. My question is if I go ahead with the procedure and it doesn't convert me to NSR could I be left worse off than I am now or will I simply return to the status quo I.e. In symptom free persistent af. Thanks.