As many of you know, I'm back on warfarin in readiness from my 2nd ablation on the 28th of Jan. There was a bit of a panic over what dosage I should start on because the op is looming but it was decided to do 2 weeks at 2mg and then up it to 5mg so it could be tweaked in the final couple of weeks. This meant I had to go for inr tests twice a week to make sure it didn't rocket because of the dosage being upped so quickly. So here we are after 4 weeks with a lovely steady inr of 2.3. However today my usual lovely doctor was not available to confirm my dosage and the old fart of the practice had to do it instead, he has insisted that I drop the dosage to 3mg because I've come up too quickly. I tried to explain why, all he could tell me was its against protocol. So where do I go from here? Do I drop my dosage and watch my inr drop out of range or do I ignore him and stay on the 5mg and hope my levels stay stable until I see my own doctor on Tuesday? I really need to be ready for the ablation, I don't want to lose out because of an old relic
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.