I am posting this message just to pass on information it is not intended to scare or make people stop taking Rampril.
I was prescribed Ramapril as part of my cocktail of drugs for my heart problems. I had been taken it for a couple of years. One morning I suddenly felt very unwell couldn't swallow I thought I was having a heart attack. I eventually dialled 999. To cut along story short I had Anaphylactic Shock. This was caused by the Ramapril. Apparently this is a known reaction to Ramapril and can happen at any time even after taking it for years.
Please do not stop taking Ramapril as this reaction is pretty rare. I just think users should be made aware so that they can react quicker than I did if they suspect a reaction.
Not all of the medical staff are aware of Ramapril causing his type of reaction. And it is very unusual to suddenly have a severe reaction to something you have used for sometime. I went to an allergy clinic who diagnosed the allergy to ramapril. It went undiagnosed until several months after my attack. Its scary to think I was a walking time bomb. It takes up to 6 months to get ythedrug out of your system.