Just back from the opticians and had a routine photo taken of my retina, which showed a large retinal haemorrhage, which hasn't impaired my vision, and I wouldn't have know about it if the photo hadn't been taken. Managed to see my GP en route for home (great service) and discuss the findings, and she's organising an ophthalmology appointment. I already have an appointment with the cardiologist for next Tuesday. We looked at the pros and cons of stopping the warfarin, and as I haven't had any major AF episodes since early April, more or less reached the decision to stop the warfarin for now, as maintaining my vision is paramount. My INR hasn't been high, in fact last reading was 1.8 so it was too low. I feel stuck as I really don't want to risk a stroke. Help needed please.
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.