I've just eaten something I'm not suppose to!! Please help!

Hi ladies

Please help! I am 29weeks now and have just eaten bean sprouts as part of my dinner. It never passed my mind to check but after I had eaten them all I found out they shouldn't be eaten in pregnancy and can cause salmonella poisoning! Plus so many other problems to the baby! I am totally freaking out now! Please help!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

I didn’t know this and I swear I’ve probably eaten bean sprouts

1 like

I only google it out of curiosity and found out

only if raw

1 like

They weren't really cooked properly that's what worries me

I never knew this and have eaten them probably every other week throughout my whole pregnancy! I am now 41 weeks. :). If you feel unwell (the runs or stomach upset) then go and see your doctor but other than that I think you'll be alright and don't eat them again!

1 like

Thankfully I have an appointment today to see my GP...I've had spasms in my tummy but I don't know if they're related to this.

I think you will be totally fine.

2 likes

I never knew this. I will have definitely had stir fries during both pregnancies. I ate brie when I was pregnant with my daughter. I just didn't think. I worried but she is here now to tell the tale.

1 like

There are so many things you need to remember sometimes you just loose track. I'm glad to hear everything went well for you. I will definitely be a bit more caustious however in the future.

Exactly! My mum was shocked that I was eating nuts. When she was pregnant, you were told not to eat them but now they say you should!

1 like

Yep I ate lots of Serrano ham in Spain with my first and she's now 2 yrs old. I just forgot that I couldn't eat it

1 like

You may also like...