Are there any mums to be out there expecting identical twins??

I haven't had the easiest pregnancy lots of sickness, backache and headaches...but until recently my twins have been doing very well but I now have highly increased waters and one twin is 4oz smaller than the other. I'm 32+2 so I should be out of the danger zone for TTTS...would be nice to hear from other ID twin mummy's

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

My twins weren't id but were born at 29+5 last December & there was a 6oz difference in their weights. I guess you ate having regular scans every fortnight? Or 4 weeks so if the docs have any concerns they'll keep you in and / or decide the babies need to come out. They're a good enough gestation now that it is an option to do that. Hope that helps, am sure the little ones will be fine xx

• Did they have to spend anytime in special care? That's my biggest worry, if they come early xx

• They were in SCBU for 8 weeks & the staff were amazing & so supportive. It can seem a little daunting at first with the wires & machines but its not that bad. Someone said to us don't be worried by the alarms on the monitors going off - if the staff arent worried then there's no need for the parents to be. My hubby & I have said that it actually probably helped as they came home on a 4 hourly feeding routine & we were shown so much by the nurses that you wouldn't be in the usual circumstances. On reflection, although a bit if a shock I wouldn't change anything about the boys entry into the world :-) X

• Thanks wickerbox, all I can do now is take it easy and rest, they're scanning me again on Tuesday so should know a bit more by then, I think I'm just worrying more as they're my first children and everything is so new. Glad to hear you had a positive experience though and that your little monkeys did well xxx

• None at all I was out after two days x

• Hello chick I'm a mummy to identical twins they was born at 36 weeks and had no problems there nearly two now x

You may also like...