I thought good to share our experiences. For TBM patients who are scared, please note
1. You will not die. There is hope from modern medicine to bring you back to life
2. Time is the essence. Suspect Meningitis if GP / doctors say nothing wrong with you and specially if they conclude, sinus, migrane. Nothing wrong in suspecting and checking with a MRI.
3. It takes several weeks to get back to some shape.
4. Your life will change - accept the new normal - eventually you will be back to old normal
5. Go to hospital and be prepared for a long haul depending on when you are diagnosed with TBM - 6 months minimum, Gets better after 2 months, Expect pains / side effects /
6. Be watchful for symptoms of stroke. tell doctor to avoid complications.
7. Hope and Prayer are two pillars for recovery. Listen to your body and rest as much as possible.