British Liver Trust
12,434 members6,108 posts

Hi anyone with ascites here ?

Hello guys im really scared i Think i might be havin ascites cause my Tommy swole and is really big now all in one week what should I do now I'm so scared i saw all those photos on the internet please somebody already who went through this hell?? What are the signs I mean I was havin pain in the abdomen when going to the toilet Is there any hope for me or should i really say goodbye mentally to my 4 little girls

4 Replies
oldestnewest

When you say your stomach is swollen, by how much? Is tummy still soft to the touch or has it gone really rigid? Do you have other swelling - ankles, legs, feet or I hate to say it scrotum? In a male, ascites will make you look pregnant with a distended abdomen and cause swelling also in the areas mentioned. If you genuinely think this is ascites you need to see your own doctor or attend a doctor to get checked out. It would be most unlikely to get ascites with only an F1 reading for fibrosis - ascites is a sign of advanced and decompensated cirrhosis and you'd most likely have other advanced symptoms too.

Katie

6 likes

Thank you for your fast reply Katie you are truly a light in this darkness no swelling in the scrotum or legs ankles but my belly is gotten big I'm gonna go to the doctor tomorrow

2 likes

Hi Febeli57,

It could be many things causing this but you do need to see a doctor as soon as possible. It certainly is far too soon to think the worst.

Edbergius

2 likes

Dont worry too much ascites in it self won’t kill you. I have been draining for 2 years but now more regularly. See a doctor for a proper diagnosis.

2 likes

You may also like...