Nippy problems

Was recently prescribed a Nippy mask by Harefield Hospital after a sleep study test which found that I retain CO2 at night, hence the insomnia. After struggling with the instructions and deciding which bit went where, I finally put it on Thursday night. Only managed a couple of hours before I had to take it off. I didn't feel at all sleepy. The next day I found myself hyperventilating. Took me nearly 3 hours to get ready for work.. I must be doing something wrong. Would be grateful for any suggestion.

4 Replies

• I have had a nippy for 5 years,couldn't be without it now. When you get used to it you will feel the benefits. I no longer wake up with blinding headaches, swollen ankles are a thing of the past and I feel better all round. I can't sleep without it now.

• Headaches , swollen ankles , brain fog HOPE the nippy clears this for me .

• It can take quite a while to get used to the machine & mask Malinka, but persevere and you will begin to feel so much better :) Do you have a respiratory nurse you can check with to make sure you are using it correctly ? It would be dreadful if you've just been left to cope alone with installing it !

I can highly recommend the website . The lady who runs it (and the business that runs along side it) has many years experience of both BiPAP and cPAP machines (she's a sleep apnoea sufferer).

There are quite a few different masks available and if you're current one is troubling you then do ask for it to be changed to a more comfortable one.

If there's anything else I can help with, please let me know :)

• Elian, thanks for the info ,I will try the website you mentioned and get back to you.x

You may also like...