Good News tainted with Bad News

I was originally diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in March 2013. Dissatisfied with the approach of my local hospital I requested to be referred to a Teaching/Training hospital some 10 miles away. Only on my 2nd appointment I was told by the Consultant -" they got it all wrong" !!! Although I do have a form of Pulmonary Fibrosis called Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis the stress and anxiety lifted from my shoulders - what a relief.

7 Replies

• I guess thats good news but I don't know the difference I'm afraid. But well done anyway.

Bev x

• Great news. Hope you get te correct treatment to improve your health. :-) :-) Alison

• Good for you I have to admit not sure what it means! But glad you have the corre t diagnosis! Tad x x x

• Sounds like what you have stands a chance of being treated then? That would be good........good luck. Gill

• I don't really know the difference either but if you are happier with this diagnosis then I'm pleased for you! Hope they can treat you.

• Does ideopathic mean they don't know the cause and the other mean its an allergic reaction?

Have you thought of asking the BLF helpline?

• Yes that's exactly it Explained to me in depth by the consultant Now trying to eliminate the allergy

You may also like...