No fan despite the heat

It was really hot in work today - no air con. Last week all our fans were removed to save energy. Tried to get a fan - after 30 minutes gave up and emailed the head of the department - the Chief Legal Officer. She had to fill in a request for a referral to occupational health and then I can get a fan! Doesn't matter that I'm registered disabled with the very county council I work for nor the fact they know nothing about bronchiectasis. I'm seeing my consultant on Saturday as I still have the exacerbation. I think he might write a filthy letter to work!

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I would hope he does! You just shake your head in disbelief when people behave in a ridiculous fashion - go get 'em !!! Good luck and then happier breathing :)

• It's because we have to save money as a local authority!

• How penny-pinching are they? It doesn`t cost much electricity to run a fan I`m sure they would have more productive staff who are cool and calm as opposed to hot and bothered. Good luck to you, hope you get your fan back, unbelievable!

• Disgraceful treatment, they use this money saving to extremes,hope you get the fan soon,I don't know how I'd cope in the heat without mine,take care,hp xxxxx

• That's awful,what are they thinking about? Not the workers obivously! Make sure you get your fan back,at least. Xxx

• shambles form filling 1st etc etc ,have u got a small pocket fan keep it in ur pocket anythings better than that carry on .take care

• - The old story MONEY before health ..........the irony is, that if you became seriously ill as a result of this penny pinching " exercise" , and finished up in hospital, it would cost your employer AND the country MORE than was gained from "Saving " on a small fan - its called False Economy !! - stay cool Alanjudy !! ...

• I have a USB fan which I shall use today if I have to!

Judith

• good for you ,wats the saying wat gos around cums around,keep thinking in that mindset and smile at them,

• Same old story, money saving before health.

• agreed as in the long term costs nhs an employees more but will they have it no,bldy drama queens half of them ,

You may also like...