Super bad earache

Erm.. so this sounds silly but this morning I was cleaning my ears, as you do, with cotton buds. I put a cotton bud in my right ear, and at that point my 2 year old niece smacked into me, causing the whole cotton bud to be smashed into my earhole. It was the most excruciating pain I've ever felt, I cried out of pain for the first time in years. It took me about 10 minutes to get it out (at this point I was practically having a panic attack) and ever since, It's been soooo painful :( My entire jaw and ear hurts, every time i yawn or burp or gulp or breathe heavily (which I've been doing all day- Thanks lungs!), It hurts so badly. Should I go to the doctors? I've taken two 500mg paracetamol twice and it seems to help a bit.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ouch!!! I would see the gp, guess there's a risk of infection if you've burst your eardrum and left any cotton wool behind?!

• Ouch!!! I would see the gp, guess there's a risk of infection if you've burst your eardrum and left any cotton wool behind?!

I suppose I should, but at the rate I'm going, he'll think i'm a hypochondriac, I seem to be at the doctors weekly these days!

I'll see how it is in the morning, if it's still killing me then I'll call my GP

• Ouch, that must be awful for you, I think it would be best to see your GP.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

• Two days later and it's all good, just tingles a bit if I'm listening to music, but i'm no longer dying of earache! xD

• Annie,

So pleased that you are starting to feel better.

Have a lovely weekend.

You may also like...