Hi everyone, I just thought you might be interested in seeing this outrageous, idiotic and frankly, rather nasty, article on the Freedom to Choose website. It is a reaction to the tragic death of a young woman with asthma who worked in a smoky bar in Michigan.
This is the news story the author, Colin Grainger, is attacking.
""A woman in her late teens died from an acute asthma attack triggered by secondhand cigarette smoke shortly after arriving at her job as a waitress in a bar in Michigan, researchers reported on Friday.
They said it was the first reported case of an immediate death caused by secondhand smoke.
â€œShe didnâ€™t have any other possible known causes of death,â€ said Dr. Kenneth Rosenman, a Michigan State University professor who oversees three state public health surveillance systems. ""