Anorexia Bulimia Care
2,507 members1,220 posts

Hair problems

Has anyone else had their hair fall out as they were recovering???

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Mine came out really badly when my weight was low - after about 1 year of being at a low weight my brush was full of hairs - however, now my weight is better - and my nutrition is balanced - things have improved.

2 likes

Is there anything specific I have to do to help it grow and make sure less falls out???

No - its about restoration of weight - and getting your mineral/electrolyte etc balance back by eating a good nutritious diet which includes fats, proteins and carbs - as well as the fruit and vege.

So I should just eat the way I have been and just be patient???

Guess so - if you're eating a diet set correctly for nutritional balance - it does take time though.

1 like

Ok thank you so much

Yes, it's 'normal' for experience hair loss during recovery (happened to me too). It's delayed trauma - it signals stress in your body from three months before.

1 like

Is there anything I can do to help it grow and stop it from a lot comimg out???

As crazycrossstitcher said, I'm afraid not - not at this moment anyway as it is due to the past stress your body has been put under due to starvation. Now you are eating more, more will be coming out as new hair is being regenerated. The best thing to do is to up your calorific intake (based on what you last shared that you ate, you really need to eat more and do so consistently so your body trusts you) by consuming nutrient dense foods. I hope you are seeing a doctor.

So just do what i have been doing and just be patient??? Cause i have been eating a lot and its not falling out like it used to. Im not currently seeing a doctor.

You may also like...