Hi got back from holiday yesterday & found an appointment letter waiting for me to attend Coventry Walsgrave Hospital with a cardiac nurse this morning. Anyway turns out it was for pre-op assessment for an ablation, which was not mentioned in the letter.
I haven’t had any AF ‘attacks’ (that I know of) since early December last year. So my thoughts have been that when the appointment comes through, that I would decline it. Only on apixaban & PIP if necessary. I don’t think that I still warrant or need the procedure now. I know it can progress & waiting lists are long. Anyway after discussing my concerns & thoughts with her I have decided to go ahead with it.
I would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation as me & went on to have the ablation, when they felt/thought they were free of this annoying condition!
Thanks for reading.