AF Association
12,935 members15,770 posts

Post AF

My husband is 4 months post ablation.

Until last week he had been symptom free during his recovery period.

However, last week he had a couple of tachycardia episodes lasting about an hour approx. Does this mean the ablation hasn't worked or are these little palpitations normal. All a bit disappointing after such a good start.

Be interested in peoples views.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi there netie , yes as far as I have seen on here it’s completely normal. I am still getting them some times in my sleep and wakes me up . My heart was going up to 90bpm sometimes, then started to stop over time . Now 6 months on I just get a short quick burst of fast pulse for a couple of seconds that concerns me but a lot of people have had that to . I got a 48 hour monitor on me 3 months post ablation, it was normal and I had that fast pulse on it . Just waiting for a 7 day one now . Tell him to hang in there it does get better over time , I didn’t believe people when they said that to me on here but now I am saying it 😊👍🏼has he had his check up yet .

Thank you sooo much for that. I was disappointed too and was hoping that it was just his heart settling down.

Thanks again. Really appreciated.

Netie54

1 like

Still early days. I found my heart didn’t really settle right down again until about month 9-10.

Whenever I did too much, had stress, emotion or an infection my heart would let me know.

1 like

Yes that's very similar. I'm trying to keep things very calm.

Thank you for your reply.

Funny how everyone is different, but it definitely does get better with time 👍🏼😊❤️

👍

Sorry forgot to ask but have you had an ablation !

Yes - 2.

👍

Hi Sam. Yes he is due a second checkup next week at Papworth. I think we are both hoping he going to tell us it’s not worked ☹️

I will update next week.

You may also like...