Tourettes Action
1,114 members652 posts

Hi I'm babygootz I have a hard time remembering a lot of things & I'm only 27 does anyone else have a hard time remembering things too

Hi

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi. I did not have memory problems at 27 but have recently gone onto temporary disability due to cognitive difficulties. I am now 56 but have been having memory/executive function problems for about 15 years. I tried to get help from various medical professionals for years but only when I began working excessive hours and still not producing work of the required standard did we really handle this in a multidisciplinary way.

The medical professionals across the spectra all seem to agree that these problems are largely anxiety driven.

I had previously had an exceptional memory so I would encourage you to try and get help if

you consider your memory to be affected. I regret blindly following medical advice for so many years without fighting for myself when they told me that they did not consider my problems genuine.

Wishing you well.

1 like

thank u

Hi

2 likes

hi

hi

2 likes

hi

How are you doing? All the people who are doing my rehab agree that anxiety has an enormous impact on memory.

1 like