TANGY MANGO CHICKEN SALAD – For those meat lovers : P
**If you do not have tahini in the pantry,
you can use a creamy all natural nut or soy butter of your choice instead.
Prep Time: 10 minutes & no cooking time!
• 1 Tbsp of tahini or creamy nut butter
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 1/4 orange juice
• 2 tsp lemon or orange zest
• 2 tsp grated ginger
• 1 clove garlic, grated
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• 1 tsp. of paprika
• one 16oz can of chickpeas drained and rinsed well (or for the meat lovers, use 1 cup of cooked chicken, cubed or shredded)
• 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cubed
• 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, dry packed, minced (optional)
• 2 cups of cooked brown rice, cooled (substitute well washed red & white quinoa for more colorful presentation)
• 1/4 toasted slivered or chopped almonds (optional)
• 2 Tbsp. minced chives
• 2 Tbsp. minced basil
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the dressing ingredients until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken (and or chickpeas), mango, sundried tomatoes and rice.
3. Add dressing and mix. Stir in almonds, chives and basil.
4. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Serve cold on a bed of greens or just by itself.