New meds for hep c DAY 1

New meds for hep c DAY 1

Good morning troopers, meds arrived yesterday so went through the paperwork again as today is my start date. This is a very new drug so is still being monitored by updates on side effects Etc

I canot be worse than the past 7 mnths, surely? I have to work as self employed cannot get any sickness help despite over 35 yrs NI payments. I hope to get away with the first 4 wks as people will be wrapped up with Christmas & New Year, see that attempt at humour 😂😂😂even from my bed. I have a shot at a new project tomorrow morning so don't want this to ruin it as I survive on my reputation to a degree.

I will write on here like a diary almost as I don't have support bar 1 friend but hey it's xmas 🎄🎄🎄and also many more may get this treatment good for the records maybe

keep warm & best wishes xxx

18 Replies
oldestnewest

👍I know youlle sail through that treatment,only a few small weeks to go ....then you will join me in the hep c survivors society😊Best wishes...alanxxx

1 like

That's my mind set 💪😃😃

many thanks x

1 like

You've got my number if you need someone to talk to xxxx 🙏🙂☀️🌷

1 like

You may live to regret it 😂😂😂😆😆 only joking. I am the sort to go underground when times are tough. like a little woodland creature, but I know I need you and this forum 😍😍

1 like

I go into dormouse mode also🙂That leaflet on side effect use it to light your open fire with...otherwise youlle convince your self ,good luck looking forward to seeing you come out the other side, take care xx

4 likes

That's perfect 😂😂crikey o Riley, 2 hrs after first dose, and I could sure feel this stuff. got my machine head on and set to autopilot 😂😂😂got to laugh, enough of misery & pain. watching Ben fogle "lives in the wild". Hope you're having a decent evening, take care too x

1 like

You ok?x

Hi, Yes ish, trying to work which is good but taking me ages. think I better get out of the house for fresh air. how are you? Especially in this chilly weather? I got out in the dark, no people around. Enjoyed the moon &sharp fresh air. Hope my symptoms go soon, so hoping these meds work. miss impatient today. sure i will start to feel the benefit in time. Best wishes x

1 like

A walk on the wild side at night is always good I do struggle in cold weather but I'm ok,I don't have the lethargy and fatigue I've carried around for years,and don't get rock bottom all the time 🙏I have a lot to be grateful for now so can focus on that instead of doom doom gloom xxthinking of you and Tania take it easy ..alan

1 like

I've just finished 12 weeks treatment of maviret it was fine no complications what so ever and my hcv count was down 4 weeks ago got more bloods work next week to see if it's gone for good x

1 like

Only on 2nd wk. Feeling bad. inside my head weird like water running. freaks me out. Hoping to have appt for next Tues for bloods, trying to ignore the pains and stuff. Just think because I am tiny tot 😊so glad you had no complications and your count came down.hope 8 wks is long enough. rather hack this for 12 like you and it be gone. Best wishes for next week, what a great Xmas present! Enjoy your freedom 😃😃😃x

You will do just fine, you are a hepper after all.

Keep posting on here, it really helps.

Wishing you well.

K.x

Thank you for being there. My head is done in. Just got diagnosed with fibrosis as well as hep c, and waiting to see which treatment I'll get. I'm sure the one my nurse mentioned began with an H. Just really nervous.

Hi suzi, aww I feel for you, ooh sounds like you may be on harvoni, that's the top one and the most expensive so not many having it. That's a positive. In a short time your mind will adapt & by then your treatment will almost undoubtedly be near to start date. I was in a terrible state of shock & horror but now don't give it much thought. Best to be diagnosed and get treated. Fear of the unknown is worse ☺ ask away, here to support. I know it's tough, it Sucks but can be cured 😍 😍 😘 I'm a susy in real life 😀

1 like

Thanks, I’m so glad I joined this community, I have never been in any thing on line before, but just so grateful for this community ! Thanks 🙏

Me too, don't even do bookface 😂 😍😍

Me neither, too much big brother for my liking!🖖👀

1 like

😂😂😂yes, too public. I am a private person, and yet I have this virus! 😲

You may also like...