Outlined below is a timetable with the next steps for setting up strategic clinical
networks. The Operations Directorate in the NHS CB will lead the workforce
changes to implement these proposals and will follow the procedures set out in
the NHS CB’s people transition policy.
July to September 2012
• Test the new arrangements in a simulation exercise
• Confirm funding for each geographical patch
• Finalise hosting and support arrangements (such as
• Appoint clinical directors and network directors
• Establish a programme group of clinical directors and
network directors to develop the single operating model
• Finalise the terms of reference for specific strategic clinical
October to December 2012
• Complete recruitment for all the remaining support team
• Finalise the single operating model
January to March
• Develop individual strategic clinical networks
• Finalise quality improvement plans for each strategic clinical
network taking account of the terms of reference and local
• Develop links with AHSNs, clinical senates and other local
Reply from my M.P. telling me S.C.N. proposal has already been finalised, basically missed the boat.
A bit different to what the B.L.F. are telling us ?