Worried about my health

Last night I was just falling asleep when I woke up because I felt like I couldn't breathe I sat up in bed immediately, i was really tired and don't rememover exactly how I felt but it was like my throat was closed up or somthing. I also feel like I'm gonna stop breathing during the day but the doctor says my lungs sound fine, just don't know what to think. Any one else?

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

Could be the position you sleep in? I have problems if I sleep on my left side, feels like I having a full blown flare up.

Fine on my back or right side.

• Hi just to let you know there are a couple of anxiety sites under Health Unlocked. Anxiety, and living with anxiety.

• Could be sleep apnoea? I get these but it is not Anxiety for me?

Be Well

• I was wondering about that Offcut. Also reflux can cause the throat to clam up which is something i experience.

MrAnxious, sounds like you need a longer chat with your doctor, maybe take someone with you. Don't be fobbed off. Also do call the BLF helpline for advice, they are brilliant - click on red balloon top right hand side of this page for phone number.

• My husband can get this depends which position he is sleeping in and how well he is. I also wonder if it could be sleep apnea which also causes these symptoms and apparently many COPD sufferers also suffer with sleep apnea. Ask the doctor - again! TAD xx

• I am waiting for another SA test as the last one failed. I do not get it every day but it seems to come in waves so just catching it on the right day. I am a reflux sufferer too.

• I use a frame and if the position is not right, my throat "closes up". However, you might have sleep apnoea, which is exactly what you describe. Phone the BLF helpline for a nurse to explain this and give you some help. Telephone

03000 030 555

You may also like...