Hello everyone

I was saying on here the other day the doctor had prescribed me Mucodyne syrup because the tablets made me sick, I've been taking it since Thursday 5ml twice a day. I've not really been bringing anything up I just feel generally unwell. Should I leave a while I had a sputum sample done Wednesday just to check if the infection has cleared but I'm not convinced.

Any thoughts. Xxx

Last edited by

6 Replies

• Yes I think to the sputum

Sample and then you know what you are dealing with. Hope you start to feel better soon. Take care lots of love TAD xx

• Morning, sorry you are still feeling rough.

Re the mucodyne , the capsule form doesn't work straight away, hence many take a maintenance dose daily so that when unwell it's already in the system and we just have to up it.

Good luck Kimmy.

• Best to get it checked out, Kimmy, as the two are not necessarily connected.

I've been taking 3 caps a day for 5 years or more now, and it is the one medication that I would definitely NOT want to be without. It allows me to keep my nasal airways clear both day and night !

• Hi Dukes

Do the tablets make you feel sick

• No not at all, Pidgenpie.

They were replaced by the 'generic' Carbocisteine a couple of months ago (cheaper) which I have found not to be quite as effective at first but I am getting used to them now.

• Yes I have been on the Tablets for about 3 years , and since I have been taking 3 daily, it has reduced the amount of mucus lots, but yes best to find your results out first..

You may also like...