After cryo ablation issues?

Had my ablation done on January 28. Don't know if this is just normal or what. I have the occasional flutter and some ectopics. I have been off the dofetilide for about a month maybe a little over. I have noticed that when I swim I'm starting to feel a little tired and start breathing hard. I stop and rest for awhile and sometimes I can finish my laps and other times I have to stop and rest again. I initially though I just was short of stamina but I'm inclined to think it has something to do with my heart. Maybe I need a warm up period now unlike before. On the other hand my cycling is going great. No issues whatsoever.Any ideas. Oh, I do swim bright and early in the morning. Could be I need to swim later.

3 Replies

• Sounds just like me to be fair, can still swim 40 laps but need the odd rest where as I didn't before. Still odd beats now and again but NO AF, which is the important thing....

• I am a regular swimmer and have ever had a similar experience. I think it may have something to do with the way you breathe when swimming as opposed to cycling. I am 12 months down the line after ablation and definitely feel different when I swim but no different in the gym. Try and concentrate on a nice easy breathing method during the swim which I do and I think that helps a bit. I have no idea why one form of steady, paced exercise should be different from another but maybe there is some sort of rational explanation.

• Thanks Bob and japaholic, overall I feel much better. I just wondering if this is something I should be concerned about. I guess my days of trying out for the Olympic swim team are gone:-(

You may also like...