Terms of Engagement for Affiliates
Last modified: 15/5/2013
Last reviewed: 15/7/2014
An affiliate refers to any non-profit health organization, patient group, individual, hospital, or medical professional with which HealthUnlocked is in partnership and who has agreed to this Terms of Engagement for Affiliates. This generally refers to partners who have set up a HealthUnlocked Community.
By starting a HealthUnlocked community you agree to the following:
- HealthUnlocked provides its standard online Communities® platform free of charge to health organizations and other affiliates as well as users (community members). Any future standard updates and maintenance of the site will be at the cost of HealthUnlocked.
- Your HealthUnlocked community is branded with your health organization’s colours and logo, or by the colour and logo provided by you as the affiliate.
- HealthUnlocked provides support for the platform to health organizations and other affiliates via the HealthUnlocked Communities® team and automatic systems. Premium support as well as extra features and services may be offered separately in the future.
- Health organizations and other affiliates will, with best endeavours, regularly moderate and administer to their community to ensure that the community provides the best quality experience possible in regard to support and information sharing among its users.
- Health organizations and other affiliates understand how HealthUnlocked finances its work.
- Users can choose whether or not their healthcare experiences are shared with Research Partners. Healthcare experiences include the posts, comments, questions and answers and indeed any content that users provide that offers insight into living with a particular condition. Users can opt out of this in their individual account settings.
- HealthUnlocked will not share personal details, such as email addresses, with or on behalf of other individuals, organizations or research partners without the users’ consent.
- HealthUnlocked will protect users’ personal details using recognized data protection tools and practices (see Security and Privacy).
- HealthUnlocked and health organizations or other affiliates will keep the communities free of commercial intrusion by making sure users do not use posts or questions to advertise their products. Advertising controlled by HealthUnlocked may be used in the future across all the HealthUnlocked platform.
- There is no direct contractual relationship between the health organization or other affiliate and any other actual or potential research partner via HealthUnlocked unless specifically arranged.
- There is no contractual relationship between the users and HealthUnlocked research partners. However, if the user, where invited and eligible, contributes to a particular project, then there may be terms and conditions specific to that activity by which the user may be bound.
- To support HealthUnlocked’s relationship with its research partners, promotion, research or information gathering on the platform by, or on behalf of, research partners or sponsors of health organizations or other affiliates may be done only with the express, prior consent of HealthUnlocked.
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time. This may be for reasons including legal or administrative requirements, or to correct an inaccurate statement. We will endeavour to provide notice of the change to community admins where we deem this necessary. We encourage you to review these Terms periodically to check you understand the latest version.