Cystitis : Hello Everyone, Does anyone have... - Women's Health

Women's Health

28,581 members3,278 posts

Cystitis

Totaleclipse25 profile image

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any tips on how to help Cystitis, as doctors appointments are like gold dust at the moment, I am really hoping it clears up on it's own. I have tried the obvious things, drinking lots of water/Potassium Citrate & Bicarbonate of Soda. Any tips would be much appreciated xx

6 Replies

If you have a bacterial infection you need antibiotics, you risk kidney infection if it's not treated properly.

Even if you can't get an appt you should be able to take a sample into your surgery for testing.

Hello, Thank you for replying, I will try that tomorrow

Hi l used to get cystitis years and years ago dont now so that's good news for you.You are doing the right things already water and chemist sachets. To prevent reoccurring symptoms it's good to drink cranberry juice and avoid spicy foods. Wearing cotton knickers is good too and loose clothing so really tight jeans arent good. Hope this helps you.

Hello, Thank you for your reply and the advice. I managed to get a doctor's phone appointment and have been prescribed antibiotics, so hopefully should feel better in a couple of days.

D mannose I think it’s called. Please try. I found it really helped me but only with IC and keeping the bladder clear. If you have an infection you will need antibiotics specific to the bacteria.

Hello, Thank you for your reply and advice. I managed to get a doctor's phone appointment and have been prescribed antibiotics, so hopefully should feel better in a couple of days, I will have a look for the D Mannose can you buy it from the supermarket? Or will I need to go to a health shop?

You may also like...