Why can always find issue with having extre... - Women's Health

Women's Health

28,193 members3,249 posts

Why can always find issue with having extreme PMS on birth control pill

I am on the birth control to regular my period and did have very heavy period before . I always seem to be struggling with some extreme PMs know that I am on the BC pill. I went to different doctor before that i went BC Pill . one just did blood test . next same doctor put I on tranexamic acid and just made my period even more worst . I was missing lot of my job and my job was a not very good . staff noticed that I was hormonal and tried get see a doctor . My second doctor did put on Birth control pill . I stop taking tranexamic acid. My age when I did start with my first period was 11 year old and is normal . the Birth control did help and the brand is Rigevidon . the both doctor were both women

8 Replies
wobblybee profile image

🤔 There are several causes, and treatments, for very heavy periods. It is possible you should have a referral from your doctor, to a Gynaecologist.


There are various treatment options for heavy periods. These depend on what is causing your heavy periods, your general health and your preferences.

They include:

an intrauterine system (IUS) – a small device that contains the hormone progestogen is inserted in your womb by a medical professional (often the first treatment offered)

medicines without hormones – such as tranexamic acid or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)

medicines with hormones – such as the combined oral contraceptive pill or progestogen tablets

endometrial ablation – a procedure to remove the lining of the womb

myomectomy – surgery to remove fibroids

uterine artery embolisation – a procedure to shrink fibroids

hysterectomy – surgery to remove to the womb

Copied from nhs.uk

in reply to wobblybee

the second doctor only put on birth control Pill and that was last . both female doctors

wobblybee profile image
wobblybeeAdministrator in reply to

Even if they were female doctors/GPs, their assessment may need to have a 2nd opinion by a Gynaecologist

in reply to wobblybee

I don' them in UK . had to paid for it .

Have heard about endometriosis or adenomyosis?

in reply to endostrong707

it heard that from google

endostrong707 profile image
endostrong707 in reply to

It took me 15 years but I finally got diagnosed with endometriosis and adenomyosis after years of suffering with terrible pms. Nothing ever showed on any scan or xray but when I had surgery they found endo everywhere ! I hope u find answers and relief !

Hi CoolKat.Have you tried ….she’s thriving.com?

A lady there who’s a Nutritionist and associate Naturopath. She specialises in hormonal problems and fertility etc. Worth researching.

You may also like...