Under active Thyroid problems!

Recently diagnosed with under active thyroid & given the smallest dose.I haven't been well since taking it which is now 6 month. Is this the norm ? Had it not been for a blood test for a stiff shoulder I would not have thought my thyroid was a problem but my GP thought different. What side effects can you get if any please?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Nanna48,

If you post your recent thyroid results and ranges in healthunlocked.com/thyroiduk members will advise whether you are optimally dosed on 25mcg Levothyroxine.

• Thank you but my GP gave me no results or ranges just put me on 25mcg Levothyroxine for3 month ,another blood test 3 month later now on 50mcg

• Nanna48,

You should have a follow up thyroid test 6-8 weeks after increasing to 50mcg. Arrange an early morning and fasting (water only) blood draw when TSH is highest, and take Levothyroxine after your blood draw.

48-72 hours after the test ask your GP receptionist for a printout of the results and ranges and post them in a new question for advice and comment.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

• Thank you Clutter I will do in fact it's 8 week at moment so will be ringing surgery & I didn't have empty stomach last time I had breakfast as it was 11am appointment. Definitely try your fasting tip

You may also like...