Weight loss. : On the left was a photo... - Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support

110,275 members β€’ 58,097 posts

Weight loss.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4Visitor
β€’11 Replies

On the left was a photo taken November 2019 at Angkor Wat Cambodia, I weighed over 84 kilos..I could hardly walk and had to stop many times to rest.

On the 4th of May 2020 at a hospital appointment i weighed 80.4 kilos. The 4 kilos I lost come from the stress on travelling to 5 different countries in 7 months.

The photo on the right was taken in a shopping mall in Phenom Penh Cambodia and I weighed 69.5 kilos...and could walk for miles and swim even longer. Not bad for 71 years old.

I have not used the crutches since I returned home to Thailand.

Just thought I post this on here as many of you on will remember my little weight loss journey.

Am fine now, thank you.😊

11 Replies
β€’
Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4Visitor

I thought it was a good idea to put this post on..but perhaps it wasn't. So horrible.

It isn’t horrible Happyman. It shows what can be done once we put our mind to it, and how beneficial it is. Thanks for sharing.

Madameirir profile image
Madameirir2kg in reply to Happyman4

It’s not horrible at all. Taking pictures is a good way to document your weight loss journey!

Incredible weight loss Happyman! Very well done!πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸ˜Š

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4Visitor

Thank you Madameirir and Manchegaenlondres for your kind replies. I am actually feeling really great with how I am now..flat as a pancake stomach and could almost fly with all that weight loss.

I still find it hard to believe that I let myself get to that condition, its history now but a history to remember. 😊

focused1 profile image
focused1Maintainer

I am so glad you mention the impact on your health too . My knees were achy and almost creaking . Aged 58 when I started addressing these issues I blamed it on my age - just thought it was a natural course of events . Aged 61 and lighter it makes such a difference . No pain so must ensure no more weight gain but the health kick is keeping me on track.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4Visitor in reply to focused1

Hi focused, it wasn't easy for me to put on a post like that, but I thought way not just show the real me as I am today and how it was yesterday. My friends and family much prefer like I am now, but most importantly I love me as I am now.

keeping a healthy weight has a lot of health benefits..really happy you got to where you want to be..πŸ™‚

focused1 profile image
focused1Maintainer

I am in a female dominated industry where people do comment about you . We have had days out where those who are overweight are treated differently. We went to a theme park a couple of years ago . One woman seemed to be guided on to every ride . I do see this .

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4Visitor in reply to focused1

I could never understand why people turned into alcoholics, I could never understand why people got to be obsessed, and there's a few other things I could never understand..until ofcourse they happened to me..now I see things through different eyes and do understand. I have a few really obese friends who sometimes visit me, they absolutely no interest in losing weight..

Congratulations Happyman. You are an inspiration.

Happyman4 profile image
Happyman4Visitor

Thank you settlelover, that's a very nice thing to say..πŸ™‚

You may also like...